Monday, March 1, 2010

Update on my chewed up hearing aid

My hearing aids are under a year old, so they are covered by insurance. What a relief. All I pay for is a new right earmold....$60. Not bad. Had the mold impression made this afternoon. Now it's just a matter of waiting for my mold and new hearing aid to arrive. Shouldn't be long.

The technician said about once a month they get a hearing aid in need of repair because a dog munched on it. What a surprise. I thought I was the first in all of history to have my aid chewed by a dog.


ms toast burner said...

Hey, that's great news! :-)

Great photoshop job there, haha!

SpeakUp Librarian said...

My dog Rusty has often eyed my hearing aid longingly, but so far I've managed to keep it out of his reach. My experiences with the many things he has managed to get into has helped me in this situation.

Glad you are getting a new aid under your warranty. Will you tell us more about your dog once he gets out of the doghouse?

HOHCanadian said...

Well my dog is a mostly blackish (kinda greyish) standard poodle. She's wacky, lovely and happy-go-lucky. She sees no problem with eating things that freak me out....she once ate a chipmunk whole, she's eaten mice but chipmunks are big. I thought she'd choke but she didn't. Then I thought she'd have a bowel obstruction but she didn't. Thank gosh.

She's also eaten a large bar of Linden's dark chocolate. I pictured another potential major vet bill but she showed no side effects whatsoever. She once chewed up a library book but she was a pup and I thought she'd grown out of that but nooooooo. I will be more careful with my aids (and chocolate) from now on.

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Thanks for telling me more about your dog!